San Antonio Missions 1939 Vintage BallcapEbbets
San Antonio neighbors will love this look back to the Texas League team once affiliate with the then St. Louis Browns. Not going to lie; this may be warm in August. But it'll be a great look on the first night of Fall when folks talk about the World Series.
Description: Authentic reproduction of the original 1939 San Antonio Missions ballcap. Hand-sewn from genuine wool baseball cloth. This cap is built to last a lifetime.
- Made in the USA
- Genuine brown wool broadcloth with felt "SA" logo
- Standard visor with green satin under visor
- Vintage hair cloth-backed buckram crown
- Satin taping with a cotton sweatband
- Adjustable size comes with a leather strap and antiqued brass closure.
- Item #: SAM39C
League: Texas League
History: The Missions name was first used by San Antonio baseball teams in 1888. This version began play in the Texas League and was affiliated with the St. Louis Browns for many years. San Antonio lost the post-season playoffs to the Beaumont Exporters four games to three in '38. Sig Gryska drove in 100 runs for the Missions to lead the league.